Economic Development Grant Program
The Economic Development Grant Program aims to provide assistance for eligible organisations, groups or individuals to conduct projects, activities and events that will result in a demonstrated economic benefit to the Cook Shire region.
- Improve the Cook Shire regional economy through immediate, medium and long term achievements
- Provide opportunities for business success, economic development and economic diversity across the region
- Expand organisations' capacity to provide ongoing services that directly influence our regional economy
Examples of projects:
- Business development or employment generating activities
- New industry feasibility studies
- Marketing or promotion of the region
- Industry events
- Projects which support investment attraction in the region
- Research or collaborative projects
Apply for up to $5,000 in either case or in-kind support or a combination of both.
Community Development Grant Program
The Community Development Grant Program aims to provide assistance to not-for-profit organisations, groups or individuals who make a positive contribution to the quality of life of the community or offer benefit to the Shire as a whole, through projects, activities and events.
- Improve the capacity and wellbeing of the Cook Shire community
- Improve the quality and opportunities for use of public space across the region
- Expand community organisations' capacity to provide ongoing services
- Increase and encourage active community participation
Apply for up to $2,000 in either cash or in-kind support or a combination of both.
For further information
Please contact Council's Economic Development and Community Services team on (07) 4069 5444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your eligibility and application to these grants programs.