Cr Wilson was born in North Mackay and educated at Mt Ossa State School. On leaving school he became an enthusiastic sportsperson representing Mackay in rugby league, basketball, hockey and surf lifesaving.
In 1966 he joined the Queensland Police Force and then in 1970 transferred to the Northern Territory Police Force. In 1982, as a result of an accident whilst on duty, he retired from police work.
Alan has been a resident of Cape York for the past 26 years, initially at Lakeland as cattle manager, contractor and property owner and later as manager of Olivevale Station. He then took on the licence of the Quinkan Hotel in Laura for five years until it was destroyed by fire in September 2002. Until 2008, Alan was the proprietor of the Laura Roadhouse.
Councillor Appointment to Committees
- Cook Shire Council Risk Management Committee - chair
- Cook Shire Council Waste Management Committee
- Cook Shire Council Planning and Environment Standing Committee
- South Cape York Catchments Inc
- Cooktown Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
- Lakeland Progress Association
- Cape York Sustainable Futures
- Laura Interagency Group
- Local Disaster Management Group
- Cape York Natural Resource Management Group
- Local Authority Waste Management Advisory Committee (LAWMAC) - chair
Cr Wilson was elected as Councillor in 2004, elected as Councillor (Deputy Mayor) in 2008, elected as Councillor in 2012 and elected as Councillor (Deputy Mayor) in 2016.
How to contact Cr Wilson
Ratepayers and residents can call, email or meet with Councillors on request.
|A:||PO Box 3, Cooktown, Qld, 4895|
|P:||07 4069 5444 or 0417 794 076|