Library resources are purchased and administered by the library for the benefit or residents. Guidelines ensure these resources are shared and made accessible in an equitable and efficient manner.
- Local residents are encouraged to join the Cook Shire Library service.
- Libraries are regularly updated with new and current resources.
- All library materials can be borrowed for up to four weeks and renewed twice once online. Renewing for a second time may be possible if you contac the library directly.
- Library members can borrow up to 10 items.
- All items except for reference and local history items can be borrowed and reserved.
- You can reserve an item over the phone or in person.
- Staff at your local library are happy to reserve items for you.
- You will be notified via email when items become available. If you do not supply an email, you need to check with the library if your reservations have arrived.
- Reservations are kept on the reservation shelf for two weeks only.
- If a copy of an item is not available at a Cook Shire library we can request it from another library - please contact your local library for details.
- Items can be returned to Cook Shire libraries in person or put through the after-hours return chute which is located near the front door of each library.
- If you cannot return items by the due date they can be renewed twice providing there are no reservations for the item.
- Items can be renewed over the phone, in person or via the on-line catalogue.
- If in doubt please contact your local library for assistance.
- Prompt attention to overdue notices is appreciated. A reminder email will be sent to advise when items are overdue. Items can be renewed at a library, over the phone, or via the internet.
- Any items that are lost or damaged beyond repair will need to be paid for.
- Library members with overdue items will not be able to borrow any further items until all items are returned or paid for and any outstanding administration fees paid.