Alan was born in North Mackay and educated at Mt Ossa State School. On leaving school he became an enthusiastic sportsperson representing Mackay in Rugby League, Basketball, Hockey and Surf Lifesaving.
In 1966 he joined the Queensland Police Force and then in 1970 transferred to the Northern Territory Police Force. In 1982, as a result of an accident whilst on duty he retired from police work.
Alan has been a resident of Cape York for the past 22 years, initially at Lakeland as cattle manager, contractor and property owner and later as manager of Olivevale Station. He then took on the licence of the Quinkan Hotel in Laura for five years until it was destroyed by fire in September 2002. Until 2008, Alan was the proprietor of the Laura Roadhouse.
Councillor Appointment to Committees
- Chairman of Local Authority Waste Management Advisory Committee (LAWMAC)
- Waste Management Advisory Committee
- South Cape York Catchment Inc
- Councillor contact for any Progress / Resident / Commerce Associations - Laura / Lakeland areas
- Cape York Sustainable Futures - meetings in the South of Cook Shire
- Cape York Peninsula Pest Management Advisory Group - meetings in the South of Cook Shire
- Indigenous representation / development organisations - Liaison role with AngNarra, Laura
- Cooktown & District Country Show
- Schools and Education Forums in Cook Shire - Liaison role with Laura and Lakeland areas
- Eclipse Task Force
- Laura Interagency
- Native Title Negotiating Team
- Negotiating Table - Laura
- Local Disaster Management Group
Cr Wilson was elected as Councillor in 2004, elected as Councillor (Deputy Mayor) in 2008 and elected as Councillor in 2012.
How to contact Cr Wilson
Ratepayers or residents can call, email or meet with Councillors on request.
|A:||PO Box 3, Cooktown, Qld, 4895|
|P:||07 4069 5444 or 0417 912 456|