Cr Giese, better known as Chook, moved to Cooktown in 1973 and still loves the area, along with his wife and three boys. He has been and still is involved in many groups including rural fire brigade and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services and Cooktown and District Junior Rugby League Club.
Chook has been a Cook Shire Council employee for the past seven years, specialising in construction and maintenance of the Shire's roadways.
Councillor Appointment to Committees
- Coen Advisory Group - chair
- Cook Shire Council Waterfront Advisory Committee
- Cook Shire Roads Committee
- Cooktown Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
- Coen Interagency Group
- Local Disaster Management Group
Cr Giese was elected as Councillor in 2016.
How to contact Cr Giese
Ratepayers or residents can call, email or meet with Councillors on request.
|A:||PO Box 3, Cooktown, Qld, 4895|
|P:||07 4069 5444 / 0417 006 021|