Born in Mareeba, Cr Hale spent most of her childhood in Cape Flattery, where she completed her primary schooling. After completing high school at Blackheath and Thornburgh College in Charters Towers, Larissa returned to Cape Flattery to take up an administrative traineeship.
She went on to work for Centrelink in Mareeba and Cairns, before moving to Cooktown with her husband and children to further develop the Yuku Baja Muliku Corporation. During this time Cr Hale worked as an employment services officer in Cooktown and Hope Vale, before taking on the role of Caring for Country Co-ordinator for Balkanu.
She was instrumental in founding the Yuku Baja Muliku Ranger Program and junior ranger program and Archer Point Turtle Hospital.
Councillor Appointment to Committees
- Regional Arts Development Fund Advisory Committee
- Cooktown PCYC Steering Committee
- Cooktown Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
- Cape York Local Area Marine Advisory Committee
- Local Disaster Management Group
- Cape York Natural Resource Management Group
- Cape York Regional Advisory Committee
Cr Hale was elected as Councillor in 2016.
How to contact Cr Hale
Ratepayers and residents can call, email or meet with Councillors on request.
|A:||PO Box 3, Cooktown, Qld, 4895|
|P:||07 4069 5444 / 0432 283 357|