Mayor Peter Scott's formative years were spent in the country areas of Australia. Peter worked for the Westpac Bank for 23 years in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Currently, Cr Scott and his wife operate the Cooktown Alamanda Inn Guest House/ Motel. During the past 22 years, Peter has been actively involved in many community groups and committees including the Cooktown Golf Club, Cooktown Tennis Club, RSL Building Committee, Cooktown & District Junior Rugby League, Regional Rugby League Steering Committee, Cooktown Chamber of Commerce & Tourism, Bendigo Bank, Community Advisory Network and the Cooktown Parents & Citizens Association.
Councillor Appointment to Committees
- Planning and Environment Standing Committee
- Cook Shire Council Waterfront Advisory Committee - Chair
- Cooktown Multi Purpose Health Service Advisory Network
- Cooktown Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
- Cooktown Re-Enactment Committee
- Cooktown and District Interagency Group
- Local Disaster Management Group - Chair
- Far North Queensland Regional Organisation of Councils (FNQROC)
- Regional Development Australia Far North Queensland and Torres Strait Committee
Cr Scott was elected as Councillor in 2004, elected as Mayor in 2008, elected as Mayor in 2012 and elected as Mayor in 2016.
How to contact Cr Scott
Ratepayers and residents can call, email or meet with Councillors on request.
|A:||PO Box 3, Cooktown, Qld, 4895|
|P:||07 4069 5444 or 0418 878 370|